Don't run? You can still join in the fun on race day by volunteering!
Many volunteers are needed to keep everything running smoothly and to keep our runners safe on our Eastwood streets.
All volunteers are invited to enjoy refreshments after the race (but please, wait until the runners have been served).
Also, volunteers' names will be entered to win one of several raffle prizes. The drawing will take place after the runners' awards ceremony.
Volunteer opportunites include:
- Registration (7:45 a.m. arrival required)
- Parking lot attendant (7:45 a.m. arrival required)
- Set-up orange cones on route (8:00 a.m. arrival required)
Need two teams of two (2) to place "Race in Progress" signs along the race route
- Take down orange cones on route after race
Need two teams (can be the same teams as above or two different teams)
- Water stations on route (2) and at finish line (nice job for families – kids love handing water to the runners)
- Bicyclists (3 or 4)
Needed to travel the route with the runners at strategic locations.
- Corner monitors (must be age 18 or accompanied by an adult)
This is the greatest need – to keep our runners safe while in Eastwood
- Refreshment servers
- Clean-up crew (done by 12:30 ish.)
Also needed are enthusiastic supporters, on the streets, on your porch, at the start and finish lines to cheer, wave or hold a sign, as the runners pass by. A great way to show your Eastwood spirit and make all the runners feel welcome.
With your help the Annual Eastwood Park-to-Park Autumn Run will be the best yet.
To volunteer, contact us or call Sue at 437-5087.
Help us help others by bringing a non-perishable food item to fill our bins for the Eastwood Food Bank